News, polling veterans team up to launch
hot topic social media company
Poll Position debuts, releases news-making national survey results
Atlanta, Sept. 14 – Today marks the launch of Poll Position, a unique hybrid news, polling, and social media company.
Poll Position’s mission: to engage, enlighten, and entertain users by providing exclusive hot topic scientific poll results and giving everyone an opportunity to vote and comment via online companion polls.
Award-winning news and polling veterans founded and lead Poll Position. The company’s co-founder and CEO is Eason Jordan, who worked for 23 years with CNN, where he served as chief news executive. Co-founder Jeff Shusterman, president of Majority Opinion Research, plays a leading role in the company’s polling. Former CNN vice president Larry Register is a key member of the Poll Position team.
Among the key poll findings at PollPosition.com:
- RICK PERRY: Only 29% of Americans share Rick Perry’s view that Social Security is a Ponzi scheme.
- BARACK OBAMA: A plurality of Americans prefers President Obama not be the 2012 Democratic presidential nominee, although 52% of Democrats stand by him.
- MITT ROMNEY, JON HUNTSMAN: Only 35% of Americans and 45% of Republicans say they would ever vote for a Mormon to be president.
- UNEMPLOYED: Seventy-eight percent of Americans say they know someone who is unemployed.
- AFGHANISTAN: Only 34% of Americans believe the war in Afghanistan has been worth the cost in U.S. lives and financial expense.
- U.S. POSTAL SERVICE: Sixty-four percent of Americans say they would be okay with the financially-strapped Postal Service ending Saturday mail delivery.
- FIRED BY PHONE: Seventy-one percent say it’s never appropriate for a boss to fire an employee over the phone.
- HEART ATTACK-PROOF VEGAN: Sixty-three percent say they’d rather risk having a heart attack than make themselves heart attack-proof by becoming a vegan.
The national polls were conducted in recent days, surveyed more than 1,000 adults, and have a margin of error of ± 3%. Poll details, including survey crosstabs, can be found at PollPosition.com.
Contact: Larry Register, LR@PollPosition.com